Sunday, October 12, 2014

We all have a lot on our plate.

13 October 2014


Many people with MHE have a lot of stress and anxiety issues, more-so than the normal population. I am pleased to announce that I am one of the few not affected by this. I do however have some stress when it comes to being a college student. This stress usually comes around mid-terms which is this coming up week. I have to get some things off of my mind so I can continue to focus on studying for midterms and completing all the assignments due next week.


First, we all (meaning all of us college students) have things we have to do. We all have a busy class schedule, some of us have jobs, some of us have homes we have to maintain and bills we have to pay. We all do our community service, maintain a personal life, and go out and have fun. Now on top of all that stuff I get the privilege of constantly visiting the doctors and taking time out of my week to have surgery.


With all this being said, I am doing a group project. I do not need to hear your excuses of why you can not meet to do the group project and why 2 days after we were supposed to meet why you still do not have your part of the project done. I just need you to do your shit in a timely manor and stop being inconsiderate of those around you. (This goes out to my roommate, Levi, too. Get off your lazy ass and clean up your mess and contribute to the house hold. I am not your mom and I do not like to live in a filthy environment. So when you get drunk and decide to cook at 4am clean up your mess.)


Many of you think this may be extremely passive aggressive but if you know me, you will know that I have already sent multiple text messages to all of these people. I have gotten two responses back saying they will be at school to do their part (I have been here all day and they haven't shown up yet) and one response with an email back with their work (Thank you Colt Terhune).


The lab report has been assigned for two weeks and it's due tomorrow! What am I going to do? I will tell you what I am going to do/ what I have already did. Twelve pages later, I have finished the report doing two of the sections that others were supposed to do along with my section in addition to adding Colt's section to the group. I have left off two of the names of the people from our group but acknowledged that they were there to collect data. I will turn it in as is tomorrow. Now that I am done ranting, my stress level has gone from a 7 to a 4.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment