Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Post-op update

10/22/14

I would like to start out by saying if you can't follow my train of thought it's because I am only 48 hours out from surgery. Monday afternoon I went in for a tubal ligation procedure. For those who don't know what that is it's basically "tying my tubes" so I will not be able to reproduce naturally. I am still able to have children but it would be one huge scientific experiment to do so. The surgery went well and I signed a consent form to remove anything that has abnormalities on it. My surgeon found a huge cyst that is about to rupture on my right ovary (the ovary that I hate and it hates me) but the surgeon was concerned with infection because I just had surgery last week and removing it would mean additional incisions. So along with the normal surgery pain I've been dealing with the pain of having a cyst rupture.
I only have one incision and that is in my belly button and the bleeding finally stopped. I looked down Monday night and it looked like I got shot because there was a round spot of blood on my shirt.  I was expecting stomach pain but not expecting the shoulder and rib pain from them pumping my stomach full of air. As the days progress my pain levels are decreasing along with the size of my swollen air filled belly. (I looked pregnant tuesday).
There is one thing about this surgery that stood out. And by thing I mean person. Brittany B. This woman is the most amazing person and friend I could ask for. She took the initiative to get my moms cell phone number (from either my brother or colt) and text her all through out my surgery and after to see how everything was going and not to mention all the kind things she said about me. I have only known her for a year, but I couldn't be closer and love this girl to death. It's friends like this that help me get through these hard times. It's like the saying if you can't handle me at my worst you can't have me at my best or something like that and she has been though it all. 
I would like to thank all of those who have supported my decision even though if you didn't I would still have done it anyway. 

Anyways I go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks, but until then I will be taking it easy for once in my life. Hopefully it was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment