Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Do creams really help tumors?

4/2

I don't even know where to begin with this post.
So yesterday my ankle swelled up and I noticed tumors that have increased in size over the past year on my other foot. Today I called to get into my surgeon since he only works on Wednesdays he could only see me today during the time I had scheduled to go over my project for TAS with a professor. I cancel this meeting to wait over an hour to see the doctor. I tell him what's going on with my swollen ankle and tell him I've pinpointed the pain near my a a Achilles' tendon (since I have no feeling in the ankle itself from where he accidentally cut the nerve during a previous surgery.) He feels my heel chord and says shockingly that there is a knot here. He looks at the X-rays and says my ankle is too swollen to tell anything. He then leaves the room and doesn't come back. His nurse comes in with a brace and a sheet for a cream he prescribed. I asked to see him again because I wasn't done talking. I wanted to know what caused this or is it a tumor. I wanted to know what I should be doing. Should I stay off of my foot? Should I continue going to the gym? The nurse and the PA both couldn't answer these and said he left for the day. I clearly wasn't done with this appointment because all we determined is that I have a knot and swelling on my right ankle/heel. I didn't even get to mention the left side. Needless to say I will be calling in the morning to get my questions answered and to make an appointment with his partner.

1 comment: